With accommodations for up to 12 adults, The Laughing Boar Guest House is perfect for groups wishing to stay together in a private setting.
Built in 1872, the Laughing Board Guest House is nestled in the heart of Hermann’s downtown historic district and proudly maintains the high standards of our first property, The Weber-Schulte Guest House, which opened in April 2009.
Completely remodeled and decorated, the Laughing Boar offers guests a clean, fresh mix of the new and the old. Following in the Weber-Schulte tradition, furnishings are a mix of new modern to funky old repurposed artifacts.
We provide all the amenities you will need for your stay and offer your party complete privacy, inside and out. The comfortable deck overlooking a small pond is a nice quiet place to plan your day over morning coffee or sip a beverage at day’s end.
The Laughing Boar is within walking distance of the Amtrak station, Riverfront Park, Hermannhof Winery, Mill Brewery, restaurants, bars and night life. For longer jaunts, you may enjoy the convenience of the Hermann Trolley, which provides shuttle service to area wineries and attractions, eliminating the need for a designated driver. Doorstep pick-up and drop-off are available
Laughing Boar Amenities:
- Four bedrooms, plus an extra bunk area
- Three bathrooms
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Air conditioning
- Wireless Internet
- Cable/satellite TV
- Stereo system
- Outdoor living space
- Charcoal grill
- $125.00 per room per night, with a four- room minimum on festival weekends
- Additional queen bed ..... $ 125.00 per night
- Additional twin daybed..... $75.00 per night
- Festival weekends and Octoberfest rates available on request
- We accept personal checks, electronic transfer, money order or cash
- Credit card required for damage deposits only
- A 50% deposit on the lodging fee plus all applicable taxes and a signed Lodging Agreement are required to secure your reservation. The remainder of the lodging fee is due at check-in.
- Check-in time is between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m., except by special arrangement. Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- A two-night minimum stay is required in September and October and on festival, holiday, and Wine Trail weekends. At other times, if only one night is required, an additional $40 dollars will be added to the room charge.
- We genuinely regret that pets cannot be accommodated, but we will gladly make lodging arrangements for your pets if needed.
- Smoking is permitted outside only
- Special amenities can be provided upon request– catering, spa services, flowers, decorations, pet boarding, etc.
- Extended-stay and corporate discounts available